These naturally gluten free and dairy free pancakes are amazing and great for breakfast or brunch. We had them with scrambled egg and a few mushrooms, but my husband suggested that next time they would taste even better with a few rashers of bacon on top! I must admit, I added a squeeze of tomato ketchup on top of mine.
Here is the recipe – you will need:
- small tin of sweetcorn , drained
- 25g cornflour
- half a tsp of baking powder
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- a knob of butter and a tbsp. vegetable oil for frying
- blitz the sweetcorn in a food processor until it resembles a course puree
- transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the cornflour, baking powder, egg and spring onions and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and add 4 spoonfuls of the mixture ( it will be about a big tablespoon at a time)
- cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes then flip over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown
Dish up on a warmed plate with your favourite breakfast goodies.