These naturally gluten free and dairy free pancakes are amazing and great for breakfast or brunch. We had them with scrambled egg and a few mushrooms, but my husband suggested that next time they would taste even better with a few rashers of bacon on top! I must admit, I added a squeeze of tomato ketchup on top of mine.
Here is the recipe – you will need:
- small tin of sweetcorn , drained
- 25g cornflour
- half a tsp of baking powder
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- a knob of butter and a tbsp. vegetable oil for frying
- blitz the sweetcorn in a food processor until it resembles a course puree
- transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the cornflour, baking powder, egg and spring onions and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and add 4 spoonfuls of the mixture ( it will be about a big tablespoon at a time)
- cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes then flip over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown
Dish up on a warmed plate with your favourite breakfast goodies.
4 thoughts on “American Sweetcorn Pancakes”
Looks so delicious!
I should try it and corn is our favorite!
For more recipes idea you might want to visit my blog 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh delicious I am going to try this for breakfast. Thanks for sharing.
Interesting how you are not using gluten free baking powder. Do you feel the waitrose brand is safe?
Thank you for your comment and yes, Waitrose use rice flour in their baking powder and it is in the Coeliac UK food and drinks directory.