This is my best ever Yorkshire pudding recipe, I have been using it for a couple of years now and no-one can tell that they are gluten-free. As you can see they make 12 lovely crispy and well risen Yorkshires.
The secret to great Yorkshire Puds is:
- to heat the oil in the tin first before adding the batter
- to cook in a very hot oven
- and lastly DON’T open the oven door whilst cooking
You will need:
- 50g cornflour
- 50 gluten-free plain flour (I use Dove Farm)
- pinch of salt
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 140ml milk
- 2tbsps vegetable oil for pan
- muffin tin
- pre-heat oven to 220c/210c fan/425f/gas mark7
- place oil in the muffin tray and heat for 5 minutes
- mix the flours and salt in a bowl and then add the beaten egg and whisk to a thick batter
- add milk and whisk again
- pour the batter into the tin, it should sizzle when it hits the oil – this is good
- then put in oven straight away and cook for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden.
If you are like me and find you have too many, then try adding jam and crème fraiche to them cold, they are yummy and remind me of choux pastry! Enjoy!